School of Journalism Incoming Student Scholarship Application
Scholarships for incoming School of Journalism Students.
- Supplemental Questions
- The application priority deadline was January 15, 2021. Applications submitted after Jan. 15 will be considered if funding is available.
- What are your specific areas of interest? Please select your top two:
- When do you expect to graduate from KU?
- What will be your academic level in Fall 2021?
- What is your gender identity? (response is optional)
- Please write a 400-word (maximum) essay that addresses the following: Why do you want to become a communications professional? What prior or current experiences (internships, activities, coursework) have helped inform this decision? How do you think your future work will have an effect on others?
- List current school and/or community activities:
- What do you envision the role of journalism and the media being in the 21st century American democracy?
- Many scholarships list financial need as a criteria, so the scholarship committee welcomes you to describe emotional or financial hardships that you haven’t described in this application. Those might be medical hardships, work obligations or family circumstances.
- Some scholarships require financial need. Please complete the FAFSA or ISNAW form by the priority deadline of Dec. 1.
- Show 5 more