Multicultural Business Scholars Program
The Multicultural Business Scholars Program (MBSP) is a scholarship and mentoring program that creates opportunities for underrepresented students in business to excel academically, professionally and personally. With a series of intentional interactions for scholars to engage in throughout their time at KU, this program allows students to access tools that will support academic success and lead them to an engaging business career of their choice.
Program benefits include faculty and peer mentorship, tutoring and academic support services, individual and group meetings, and other social programming. A program agreement will be shared with each scholar and will be signed and returned to program staff at the start of the academic year.
Students are expected to:
- Maintain a Business major
- Remain in good academic standing
- Be in attendance to all program-sponsored events
MBSP is open to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent resident undergraduate students who fall into one or more of the following groups:
- Underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups (Black / African American, Native Hawaiian / Asian Pacific Islander, American Indian / Alaskan Native, Latinx / Hispanic)
- First-generation college students (meaning that neither of your parents earned a college degree)
- High financial need as defined by Pell Grant eligibility (as indicated from your FAFSA submission to the University)