EOF Child Care Grant 2020-2021
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Childcare Grant is intended to provide assistance to students with one or more dependent custodial children in daycare. To be considered eligible for the Childcare Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have at least one child that is five years or younger, and not yet in kindergarten.
- The child must live with the applicant more than 50% of the time.
- The applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 in-person hours as a degree seeking student at the University of Kansas, unless completing a dissertation for a PhD program
- The applicant must have an expected family contribution (EFC) of less than $13,000.
- Equal priority for the award will be given to applicants who apply by the October 2nd priority date.
- Only one KU student per family can apply for the grant.
- United States citizens and eligible non-citizens must file a 2020-2021 FAFSA and have a complete financial aid file by the priority date. International students must submit an Institutional Needs Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) with the application by the priority date.
- The applicant must have a childcare provider who is someone other than the child’s mother or father. The applicant’s spouse is not an approved childcare provider for the purpose of the grant. Other family members may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If the applicant has a spouse, the spouse must be working or attending school at least half-time.
Additional resource for graduate students:
The Office of Graduate Studies has established the Vice Provost’s Graduate Retention Fund. This fund exists to provide financial assistance to any graduate student who has an immediate, unexpected expense that limits their ability to continue in their program of study. The unexpected expense can be the result of an emergency, an unplanned and non-discretionary expense, or a sudden and unexpected change in a recurring expense. Funding is limited so awards are capped at no more than $1,400 per student. To apply, please visit https://ku.academicworks.com/opportunities/15378