Laverne Noyes Scholarship
The scholarship is restricted to students who are direct blood descendants of honorably discharged World War I veterans.
Applicant must be a DIRECT blood descendant of anyone who served in the army/navy of the United States in World War I who fulfilled at least one of the following criteria:
- Served on active duty overseas between April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918,
- Died in service between April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918, OR
- Served at least 6 months on non-combat duty between April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you filed a FAFSA and requested that the information be sent to the University of Kansas? Noyes awards can only be awarded to those who demonstrate financial need by filing the FAFSA.
- Are you enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program? Applicants with prior degrees are not eligible. You may receive the Noyes scholarship for a total of eight semesters or until your undergraduate degree has been earned – whichever comes first.
- First-time applicants must also submit a legible photocopy of military enlistment and discharge records of your descendant along with documentation (birth certificates, marriage licenses) verifying your relationship to the descendant. Renewal applicants need not resubmit documentation if you received the Noyes Scholarship at KU within the last four years.
Please combine all documents into one single PDF file.
- If you are a first time applicant, do you understand that you must provide the materials requested in the previous question?
- I certify the information provided on this application is complete and correct. If selected for this award, I authorize KU to release my name, hometown, and scholarship information to the KU Endowment Association and University Relations for publicity purposes.