EOF Child Care Grant
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Childcare Grant is intended to provide assistance to students with one or more dependent custodial children in daycare. To be considered eligible for the Childcare Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have at least one child that is five years or younger, and not yet in kindergarten.
- The child must live with the applicant more than 50% of the time.
- The applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 in-person hours as a degree seeking student at the University of Kansas Lawrence campus. Online-only, Edwards Campus, and KUMC students are not eligible for the grant.
- The applicant must have an expected family contribution (EFC) of less than $13,000.
- Equal priority for the award will be given to applicants who apply by the October 4th priority date.
- Only one KU student per family can apply for the grant.
- United States citizens and eligible non-citizens must file a 2019-2020 FAFSA and have a complete financial aid file by the priority date. International students must submit an Institutional Needs Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) with the application by the priority date.
- The applicant must have a childcare provider who is someone other than the child’s mother or father. The applicant’s spouse is not an approved childcare provider for the purpose of the grant. Other family members may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If the applicant has a spouse, the spouse must be working or attending school at least half-time.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you interested in receiving additional loans (if eligible)?
- What are your anticipated hours of enrollment for Fall 2019?
- What are your anticipated hours of enrollment for Spring 2020?
- What is your marital status?
- How often does your child (or children) live with you?
- SPOUSE INFORMATION (Only if applicable)
- Spouse's Employment Status:
- If employed, how many hours per week?
- Is your spouse enrolled in college?
- If yes, where?
- CHILD INFORMATION
Please list your child/children's name(s), birth date(s), and age(s):
- CHILDCARE PROVIDER INFORMATION
Please provide the name, city/state, and phone number of your childcare provider:
- For the above childcare provider, please provide the names of the children that attend, how many hours per week they attend, and the cost per month per child.
- (Optional) Please provide the name, city/state, and phone number of your secondary childcare provider if applicable:
- (Optional) For the above childcare provider (if applicable), please provide the names of the children that attend, how many hours per week they attend, and the cost per month per child.
- (Optional) If you have more than 2 providers, please upload a Word or PDF document with the following information for EACH provider:
1. Name of childcare provider.
2. City/state of childcare provider.
3. Phone number of childcare provider
4. The name(s) of the child/children under the care of this provider.
5. Hours per week the above child/children are in the care of this provider.
6. Cost per month per child.
- Provide written statement on official Childcare provider letterhead explaining nature of fee schedule and how many hours per week the child/children attends.
- Proof of payment by student is also required, and can be submitted by providing a copy of Childcare provider billing schedule, receipt, or other method of payment. Please attach all documentation when submitting the completed Childcare Grant Application.
- Are you a GTA, GRA, or GA?
- Show 14 more